Register of Deeds
#319 N. Maple Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
8:00am - 4:00pm
Phone: (615) 898-7870
Fax: (615) 898-7987
Electronic Records Management Initiative
The Electronic Records Management Initiative will provide the tools that departments will need to manage their records in electronic form, addressing specific areas of electronic records management where departments are having major difficulties. This project will provide guidance on electronic records management applicable government-wide and will enable departments to access electronic records in a variety of data types and formats so that they may be preserved for future use by the government and citizens.
To effectively manage and facilitate access to departmental information in order to support and accelerate decision making and ensure accountability and reduce fiscal responsibilities.
- To integrate e-records management concepts and practices with comprehensive information management policies, processes and objectives to assure the integrity of e-records and information.
- To employ ERM to support interoperability, timely and effective decision making, and improved services to customers.
- To provide the tools for departments to access e-records for as long as required and to access permanent e-records for preservation and future use by government and citizens.
Organization and Projects
Rutherford County Register of Deeds office is the managing partner department for the ERM Initiative. The projects that are part of the ERM Initiative are organized into three issue areas, each with a lead partner:
• Enterprise-wide ERM
Lead Partner: Rutherford County OIT Department
This issue area will provide tools for departments to use as they plan and implement ERM systems. In co-operation with outside software vendors, OIT will coordinate upgrades and offer assistance with hardware solutions.
• Electronic Information Management Standards
Lead Partners: Tennessee State Library and Archives and Rutherford County Archives
Point of Contacts Carol Roberts, Director of Preservation Services [email protected], John Lodl, Rutherford County Archivist [email protected]
This issue area is promoting Government-wide use of the TCA statute Standard for Records Management for State and County Government Departments and Offices
• Conversion of Permanent Paper records to Electronic
Lead Partner: Rutherford County Register of Deeds
Point of Contact: Heather Dawbarn, [email protected]
This issue area will address the conversion of paper documents to electronic records, an expansion of the number of formats OIT can accept, and the media and techniques that can be used by County departments when converting their permanent valuable paper records to a more accessible electronic format.