Burn Permit -
State Contractors Licensing Board - 800-544-7693 or
SECTION 1: NOISE CONTROL RESOLUTION.
To further the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Rutherford County the requirements contained in Section 1 of this resolution shall be hereinafter be referred to as the Rutherford County Noise Control Procedures.
For the purpose of this resolution the following terms, phrases, words, and their derivation shall have the meaning given herein:
- Enforcement Authority – Rutherford Co. Sheriffs Department or the Director of Building Codes for the County of Rutherford, Tennessee, or his duly authorized representative or persons designated by the County Mayor who are charged with the enforcement of this resolution.
- Owner – Owner is deemed to mean and include a holder of any legal or equitable estate in the premises, whether alone or jointly with others, and whether in possession or not, or occupants of property.
- Major Subdivision – four (4) lots or greater.
- Noise producing activities.
1.2: VIOLATION DETERMINED: NOTICE GIVEN
When it is determined by the enforcing authority that any owner of record of real property or occupants of property, has created loud and raucous noise which because of volume level or duration annoys, disturbs, or endangers the comfort, health, peace or safety or reasonable persons of ordinary sensibilities, the enforcing authority shall provide notice to the owner of record to remedy the condition immediately. The notice shall be given by United States mail, addressed to the last known address of the owner of record. The notice shall state that the owner of the property is entitled to a hearing. The notice shall include but not be limited to the following elements:
- A brief statement of the law, which shall contain the consequences of failing to remedy the noted condition.
- The person, office, address, and telephone number of the department giving the notice.