Burn Permit -
State Contractors Licensing Board - 800-544-7693 or
Procedures for Pools
Effective immediately all pool permits issued will require a $100.00 refundable deposit in addition to the permit fee. The Final Inspection Agreement is signed by the homeowner or contractor obtaining the pool permit. The deposit will be fully refunded if a final inspection is completed within 180 days of the permit issue date.
- Homeowner or Contractor can pull permit
- Zoning Compliance Form
- Environmental Report - septic tank and field line location layout
- Public Education Handouts
- Barrier agreement signed (can only be signed by the homeowner)
- Permit Issuance
- Pool installation must begin within 180 days of permit being issued or permit is void.
- An extension may be requested in writing and granted if authorized by the Building Official.
- An inspection must be requested by the permit holder before 24” of water is placed.
- Inspection made and compliance verified.
- Pool in compliance (final and close permit)
- Inspection made and pool is in violation.
- Pool violation (no barrier and more than 24” of water)
- Drain pool below 24” of water depth
- Ten (10) days to install barrier – letter of correction mailed or install temporary barrier for sixty (60) days only.
- Follow up within five days with certified letter mailed.
- Citation to responsible party.
For additional information about pool barriers please view the Safety Barrier Guidelines for Home Pools PDF.