Where do I pay a traffic ticket?

If the citation was issued by the City of Murfreesboro, you pay the
ticket at City Hall.
More info: If you have a question about a citation for violation of a
Murfreesboro City Code, please call City Court at (615) 890-2142.

If the citation was issued by the Tennessee Highway Patrol while in Rutherford County, or the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office visit or contact the General Sessions Court (phone (615) 898-7831) in the County Judicial Building, Room 101, North Public Square, Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:15.
More info: You can pay with cash, money order or a local check. If you were doing less that 20 miles per hour over the speed limit and have not had a ticket within the past two years you may come to court on your court date and opt to go to driving school. The cost is $50.00 and the ticket will not go on your record.

Where do I get a marriage license?

The County Clerk’s office which is located at 319 North Maple Street,
phone (615) 898-7799.

Where do I pay property tax?

The Trustee’s Office, One Public Square in the Historic Courthouse, Room 102 or online at http://www.rctrustee.com/index.htm.

Who is my County Commissioner?

County Commissioners are elected officials that hold office for 4 year terms,
each of which represents a distinct geographic area of the County. You can
find your Commissioner using the map at this location. Review the disclaimer
and when the map comes up, click on the Election tab on the top of the map.

Where can I view the County’s budget?

County budgets and audits can be found in their entirety at http://www.rutherfordcountytn.gov/finance/budget.htm.

How can I learn more about local government?

There are several useful links to resources about Rutherford County
and local governments in the State of Tennessee at http://www.rutherfordcountytn.gov/learngovt.htm.